Wednesday, July 29, 2009

First socks

I finally bucked up and finished the first pair of socks I ever cast on. They only needed a toe to get to completion and for whatever slacker reason I just let them sit in the back of my works-in-progress cubby

First off, friends should not let friends kitchener drunk. I so painstakingly kitchenered this to together, saying I would finish it before going to sleep. Only to realize close to the end that I had 6 stitches left on one needle and 16 on the other. Complete mystery. Had to be yanked out and I admitted defeat and went to sleep.




The next day I gave it another go and complete the dreaded grafting without a problem. Here, I present to you, a pair of finished Classic English ribbed socks, modeled by the pale husband:



This is Kroy Socks in Glencheck, 2 balls, size 10 feet, so quite large. The yarn was quite stiff before washing, but they've since been through the machine and they are much softer and nicer. I think these will serve mr. Husband nicely once we finally stop having triple digit weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment